Saturday, January 21, 2006

Jim'll Fix It

Had a busy Saturday getting all those 'little things' done.. sucessfully for a change.

I finally bought my Christmas present (tradition of mine since I normally always got cash so I could buy my own) and splashed out on a Logitech diNovo keyboard. Very swish (",) Has a Media Pad [pictured] which displays Winamp/WMP track information as well as MSN Logins, status changes, and even messages. All Bluetooth v2 so good range and can link your phone to it, etc... Gotta love gadgets!

Been having to drive Jen's Fiesta all week due to the wiper mech snapping on the C. The replacement mech arrived mid-week and got it fitted today. Works! And the driver's side finally wipes properly (it used to lift on the way down - very annoying!) and the replacement mech is so smooth in comparison, mine must've been dying for a while. Got the whole kit including wiper motor from a breaker's yard, delivered, for £50. Sorted. VW? No stock - awaiting from Germany, and about £60+vat excluding the motor.

Raided the local Pound shop - spent a whole £8! I resisted the "Excuse me, mate, how much is this?" question though... :)

And finally, I have new contact lenses. Current ones just passed 2 years old, so time to spruce 'em up. My vision has only deteriorated a little over the past few years. I now -7.5 in my right eye, and -6.75 in my left. For anyone who knows anything about dioptres - yes, I'm that short-sighted! Coupled with astigmatism and nystagmus, the ol' eyes aren't my best feature! Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home